Friday, March 11, 2011

TGIF.



1.   My biggest accomplishment in life thus far is: Switching majors last minute and graduating from college with a Journalism degree. I really have a passion for creative writing and am lucky to have been hired to a fun, national award-winning company that specializes in niche magazine publishing where I am on a truly talented editorial team for consumer publications.

2.  My favorite place to sit in my house is on the couch in the glass den watching crime shows and bad reality TV.

3.  My fashion philosophy is: I have a couple. 1/Everything has to be comfortable. If it's not, I'm not wearing it. 2/Spend your money on things you'll wear over and over again (i.e. the perfect pair of jeans) and buy everything else at Forever 21. That way, you can throw it away and not feel bad about it. And 3/Never buy boring shoes. Even for work. No excuses... Just don't do it.

4.  Something every girl should have is: A true friend to tell her when she's acting like a complete idiot. I find myself saying, "Who told her that was OK?" or "Does she not have any friends?" far too much. Thank you to my people for not letting me be that ridiculous.

5.  If you looked in my purse right now you'd find: Oh, goodness. My entire life. Day planner, wallet that weighs 75 lbs., lots of paperwork, perfume, deodorant, 6 different lip glosses, mascara, keys, phone, business card holder (cause that gets a lot of use), tampons, teasing comb, prescriptions, rubber bands and bobby pins, gum, camera, camera charger (naturally), checkbook, koozies (in case of emergency) and random other little things floating around. No wonder my arm goes numb.

6.  My favorite music right now is: I'm currently having a flashback to my Eli Young Band days. I always say I tend to not like musicians or bands once they get famous but I never get tired of these guys. If you don't have their CDs, get them. The oldies but goodies, Level and Live at the Jolly Fox (fave) were my college tunes and their post-fame album Jet Black & Jealous is really great. The other loves currently being played on loop in my car are: Jason Aldean, Sugarland and Tay Swift's new CDs. And, of course, my first love... Ingram Hill.

7.  My favorite part of my body is: My freckles! The rest of it is currently under construction.


Thanks to Lauren for all the questions! Weekend time!
P.S. Why does disaster always strike at work on Fridays? So rude.

2 comments:

  1. Literally, we are 2 peas in a pod! I can't believe I forgot to mention the 4 coozies I keep in my purse!! I pull those out all the time at the grocery to find my wallet. You know the checker-outers are like um, this isn't a bar. Haaaa. Welcome to Fill in the Blank Friday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the work in progress comment--I think that is the best way I've ever heard someone discuss their body! So happy to have found your blog :) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete